Graduation Requirements | Program of Studies 2017-2018 | Testing | Bright Futures Handbook | Scholarship Information/College Websites | Need $ for college | College Match Tool | Community Service Hours | Online Course needed for Graduation
The Sarasota High School Guidance Counselors are available for assistance in the areas of academics, careers, social/personal, and community service. Students meet with Guidance Counselors to discuss potential careers and academics required to achieve their goals. The high school years can be difficult to navigate with peer and adult relationships. The Guidance Counselors can assist both parents and students with strategies to enhance their social and emotional well-being.
A Parent or Guardian must accompany a student under 18 years of age to register at a school.
Florida law requires the following before we can register a student:
- Written proof of current residence address. (e.g. recent utility bill, FPL, water/sewer, mortgage or lease agreement.)
- Proof of date of birth. (Certified copy of birth certificate)
- Proof of Immunization verified with HRS Form 680. (Blue form)
- Physical exam within the previous 12 months signed and dated by a physician. (Note: Proof of physical if previously enrolled in a Florida Public School.)
- Proof of Custody. If a single parent is separated, divorced, or if another custodial situation exists a copy of legal residential custody document is required.
- Please also bring:
- Name and address of previous school(s) attended.
- Any available information from previous school(s) such as report cards, transcripts, or student participation in special programs.
- If your student has been in any Exceptional Student Education (ESE) programs, the most recent Individual Educational Plan (IEP) and an appointment with SHS ESE liaison is required 955-0181.
Other Important Information
Transcripts - Complete Transcript Request Form in Guidance and submit to Mrs. Clark.
Seniors Important Bright Futures Information:
2011-12 Awardees - Students are now required to submit a complete, error-free FAFSA for Bright Futures, Florida Resident Access Grant, and Access to Better Learning and Education Grant initial and renewal eligibility any time prior to disbursement. No FAFSA = No $
2011-12 High School Graduates - Increase in community service requirement (and hours increase for Florida Academic Scholars) for all three Bright Futures award levels. Bright Futures Florida Academic Scholars (FAS), Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS), and Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars (GSV) during the 2011-12 academic year, and thereafter, must complete:
o FAS – 100 hours
o FMS – 75 hours
o GSV – 30 hours
The PALS Partners in Education Office/Landings - (Green Awning, room 113, first floor) will host one of our volunteer representatives one day per week during the summer to pre-approve high school community service. Students must complete the application (including parent/guardian signature).
Community Service Hours
During the summer months, the applications will be accepted and processed in person only; the student must come to the PALS Office to meet with the volunteer project manager.