TeamUP Volunteer & Partnership Council
The TeamUP Volunteer & Partnership Council is most fortunate to have an enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated group of men and women serving as the Board of Directors. We are an active board that works closely with the school district Volunteer & Partnership Coordinator to strengthen and promote school volunteerism and business partnerships in Sarasota County Public Schools.
Mission: Assist stakeholders in forming partnerships with family, community and businesses to enhance highest student achievement.
TeamUP Volunteer & Partnership Council Members
Dr. Sue Gordon, President
Dr. Tom Buchanan, Vice President
Dr. Judy Snodgrass, Recording Secretary
Kathryn Coleman, Corresponding Secretary
Tom Watson, Treasurer
Dr. Patricia Williams, Immediate Past President
Shelly Nierman, Immediate Vice President
Dr. Pam Houfek
Dr. Wendy Katz
Associate Board Members
Volunteer & Partnership Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A BOARD MEMBER
- Commit to a minimum two-year term.
- Participate in one or more committees and regularly attend Board meetings.
- Review and update the long-range plans for the program on a regular basis.
- Review and approve the annual budget, including revenue, expenditures and in-kind donations.
- Participate in the annual recognition of the school district's volunteers, business partners and 5 Star Schools.
- Assist coordinator with recruiting, training and recognition of volunteers.
If you would like to become a member, please contact:
Danielle Schwied 941-927-9000, Ext. 31502